And some pictures of Michigan's Adventure, from its last day on the 2014 season. After this, I'll go back to not posting more than maybe two pictures in a year, so you're all safe again.
Michigan's Adventure as seen from the large (artificial) lake at its center. Two of its wooden coasters blend together on the left side of the far shore; Corkscrew, its first coaster, is on the right shore.
From the station for Thunderhawk, a view of Wolverine Wildcat (mid-distance) and Shivering Timbers (far distance). This is, remarkably, the undeveloped region of the park.
Shivering Timbers staff putting the roller coaster to bed after its last run of the season, which we were on.
Now, it's been a while since I did a roundup of mathematics posts. And I've been doing a three-a-week mathematics A-To-Z thing alongside comics-readings and other stuff. The result is that if you haven't been reading mathematics entries on your friends page or on your RSS feed or as they come in each day you've missed an enormous pile of mathematics content. Among the essays:
- A Summer 2015 Mathematics A To Z: dual
- How May 2015 Treated My Mathematics Blog
- A Summer 2015 Mathematics A To Z: error
- Reading the Comics, June 4, 2015: Taking It Easy Edition
- A Summer 2015 Mathematics A To Z: fallacy
- Duality, fundamental and profound, but here’s a starter for you. A reblogging of an example of something being dual to something else. Includes pictures!
- A Summer 2015 Mathematics A To Z: graph
- Fish, Counted
- A Summer 2015 Mathematics A To Z: hypersphere
- Reading the Comics, June 11, 2015: Bonus Education Edition
- A Summer 2015 Mathematics A To Z: into
- Conditions of equilibrium and stability, another reblogged bit of statistical mechanics work.
I told you so.
Trivia: The use of the word ``engineer'' to mean ``a person who operates an engine'' dates to about a century after it came to mean ``a person who designs or invents''. Source: To Engineer Is Human: The Role of Failure in Successful Design, Henry Petroski.
Currently Reading: Where The Evil Dwells, Clifford Simak.