- What You Missed At Open-Mike Night besides me finally finding a way to do another what-you-missed-at-karaoke-night style piece.
- Rather Than Asking Funky Winkerbean What The HECK Is Wrong With You because there's no shortage of things the heck wrong with Funky Winkerbean.
- Statistics Saturday: Your Local TV News Bloopers (a guide).
- What’s Going On In Gasoline Alley? so you don't have to worry about that now.
- Caption This: Or As Picard Knows This Stuff, Tuesday over and over again they call it Tuesday.
- Some Myths about Carrots (a guide).
- Snip, Snap with some found-comedy potentials for injury.
- From The February 2017 Scraps File, with a denser than usual packing of in-jokes; good luck finding them all!
Besides the Baby Food Festival pinball tournament there was actual proper festival stuff going on. Let me prove it with photographs.
Giant slide and satisfyingly fast (if rough) merry-go-round set up in the streets of Fremont for the Baby Food Festival. This is downtown, just outside the diner where the tournament was held.
Drop tower set up as part of the Baby Food Festival in Fremont.
Mystery Mansion! Extremely compact dark ride that, when we rode it at another setup, wasn't all that exciting. But it did make great use of very limited space; the thing's set up to fit inside a single truck trailer, after all.
Redemption game, swinging ride, and a Super Round-Up at the Baby Food Festival.
And then some more of the rides, mostly kiddie rides, with a Ferris wheel, set up in the streets of Fremont. We'd ride the Ferris wheel when it came to Ingham County a couple weeks later.
It's just coincidence and not at all the pharmacy run by baar_bear. Sorry. On the street opposite the Blind Squirrel Tavern in Fremont. We'd get to know the Blind Squirrel Tavern quite well in the following months, as we rode it into the State Championship Series. Still haven't made it into the pharmacy though.
Trivia: The 51 repeaters in the transatlantic telephone cable (TAT-1), spaced at about 60-kilometer intervals, imply a total amplification of the original signal by some 10306. Source: How The World Was One: Beyond the Global Village, Arthur C Clarke.
Currently Reading: Blood Royal: A True Tale of Crime and Detection In Medieval Paris, Eric Jager.