- In The Long Term, last week's major piece, long-range forecasting for the shape of the world.
- In Which I’m No Good At Creating Supervillains because I hit on a great motivation and realized it was stupid.
- Statistics Saturday: Devo’s ``Are We Not Men'' By Content funny because list? That's funny, right?
- What’s Going On In Mary Worth? March – June 2017 and the answer is CRUISE SHIPS and I'm sorry but the article was posted before something actually happened this week.
- A Good Sign To See at the auto care place.
- You Know What? I’m Just Going To Amuse Myself Here (warning: pigeon content)
- In Which I Fix A Non-Broken Business Model inspired by some clowning around with bunny_hugger the other night.
- Coming To Senses, this week's big piece.
Let's get back to Kennywood, because that is always a correct thing to do.
Jackrabbit, Kennywood's (barely) oldest wooden roller coaster, rolling across frame.
Kennywood's cute little aliens. Thee's a bunch of these statues, along with some of similar aliens loading (or unloading) boxes of fun from their spaceship, and a couple just lying about, near the flying saucer-themed Disk'o ride.
Caught a nice angle on The Phantom's Revenge here. Also some good skies that it turns out were getting ready to rain on us.
View of Thunderbolt (and in the distance the Turtle and The Phantom's Revenge) from the altitude provided by Ghostwood Estates's launch station. This is after it had basically got done raining.
bunny_hugger very backlit and trying to show off the Turtle ride's animated neon sign.
So if the rain has closed your Noah's Ark ride there's probably something wrong.
Trivia: After the discovery of Neptune in roughly the location where his calculations forecast, John Couch Adams declined a knighthood. Source: In Search Of Planet Vulcan: The Ghost In Newton's Clockwork Universe, Richard Baum, William Sheehan.
Currently Reading: DC Showcase Presents: Superman, Volume 3 Editors Dan DiDio, Mort Weisinger. That's the loopy Silver Age writing I love, like when Supes and Lex Luthor reminisce about the time Luthor attacked Metropolis with a atomic-powered spinny top.