- Closing In Town based on some actual news about an actual hardware store and some other places that soon won't be.
- Statistics October: How That Slice Of 2017 Worked Out For Me in which I pointlessly grumble about my readers.
- Statistics Saturday: Wikipedia Categories Classifying Maureen O’Sullivan and I dunno, it seemed funny at the time.
- What’s Going On In Dick Tracy? August – November 2017 and how he foils a plan to forge Abraham Lincoln's voice.
- Why I Call This ‘Another Blog, Meanwhile’ the shockingly average truth.
- The Fourth Talkartoon: Hot Dog (it’s just Bimbo) and a cartoon that hasn't got any of the best stuff about Talkartoons, sad to say.
- In The Aftermath Of The Storm I suffer a minor inconvenience.
- On This Or That Date: November 10 some minor silly bits.
Now let me share with you some pictures from our Christmas-tree harvesting and miscellaneous other little bits last year.
Our Christmas tree stand, in the corner, practicing to be Pioneer 10.
Someone at the Tannenbaum Farms bringing home a fine load of Tree and Girl.
bunny_hugger checking around to see if we can make off with this tree. Isn't it gorgeous? Isn't it adorable? Grab it and run!
bunny_hugger standing with pride by the tree we brought home to be our upstairs tree. That would be the one that didn't go on the Pioneer 10 stand.
And we got our tree just in time! The first and pretty near only significant snow of the year.
Oh, it's not that much snow. But yeah, someone went around putting googly eyes onto the pinball backglasses at the local hipster bar and, you know, some places they stuck around a while.
Trivia: The crew of the Netherland's battleship De Zeven Provincien, stationed in Sumatra, mutinied in February 1933. The mutiny was quelled by aerial bombardment; a 100-pond bomb destroyed the port top deck and killed eighteen men. Source: Mutiny: A History of Naval Insurrection, Leonard F Guttridge.
Currently Reading: It Seemed Like Nothing Happened: The Tragedy and Promise of America in the 1970s, Peter N Carroll.