I had to disable the follow-by-e-mail option on my humor blog. I was getting a suspicious lot of sudden subscriptions from people at outlook.com and I don't know what that means, but I suspect it's something. That's all right. You can follow via WordPress. Or by way of your Reading page. And if you have an RSS reader, that's there too. Or if all else fails you can just read stuff from the past week as I link to here:
- How To Swim In Some Other Way, last week's major piece, an absurdist little bit of nonsense.
IIIiiiiIIIIiiiit a minute as I belatedly notice something regarding Iowa.
- Statistics Saturday: TV Channel Names Noticed While Checking The DishTV In My Dream Last Night as who would not be interested?
- What’s Going On In Judge Parker? And Who’s Fleeing What? 25 December 2017 – 18 March 2018 (everybody, from everyone else)
- Me, Stopping In At The Record Show and finding a weird bit.
- The 26th Talkartoon: Minding The Baby, where Betty got her name and Bimbo got a brother.
- My Excuse For Not Being Able To Get Anything Done Today and it relates to remembering something from childhood.
- Why Not To Make A Presentation, this week's major piece, that started out as an absurdist how-to-do-a-thing piece and never got into doing anything.
So now let's get to Anthrohio 2017 and Saturday and stuff around the Fursuit Parade, the last one at the cozy old Holiday Inn there.
Yeah, that's the stuff. Victoria, one of the rabbits on display and up for adoption at Anthrohio last year, tolerating attention from humans ahead of the Fursuit Parade.
Security gathering and figuring out just what the Fursuit Parade route is this year. In previous years the parade gathered on the patio outside those doors for the group photo; this year, they would not.
Instead after the parade people milled around and slowly migrated around back of the hotel to the parking lot we just never went to, or had reason to go to, before.
Fox playing with the idea of the foot-socks. I approve of this sort of thing.
Saaaaay. I think I recognize that tail.
And here I piggyback on someone else's real actual proper photo of the trio.
Trivia: William Randolph Hearst removed his name from the News of the Day newsreels in 1936, and they remained without the Hearst name until the series ended in 1967. (Audiences booed the right-wing-slanted reports.) Source: The American Newsreel 1911 - 1967, Raymond Fielding.
Currently Reading: Longitude By Wire: Finding North America, Richard Stachurski.
PS: Reading the Comics, March 17, 2018: Pi Day 2018 Edition with a bunch more images than usual, for reasons.