Enjoyed another week on my humor blog? I hope you did. If you haven't, then here's your second chance. Run recently have been:
- What’s Happening In Town This Month, last week's big piece, about just what it says. Inspired by the shocking news I reported on last week, too.
- How Much Of Rankin/Bass’s ``Here Comes Peter Cottontail'' I Remember and I realize now that I'm maybe too old to follow the plots in these things anymore.
- Statistics Saturday: April Fool’s Content This Year and remember when April Fool's wasn't preceded by weeks of bombardment of people telling you how any prank, however whimsical, was going to destroy their lives and possibly all civilization?
- What’s Going On In Alley Oop? And Why Is He In Philadelphia? January – April 2018 A question I don't actually answer but I've taken to having questions in these subject lines and I needed something.
- So You Tell Me Funky Winkerbean Was Written By A White Guy? and see what the state of newspaper-grade humor was in 1972.
- The 29th Talkartoon: Jack and the Beanstalk and of course Betty Boop and the heck? It's a weird one.
- Statistics March: As Apocalypse 3-G Disappears From My Monthly Stats Report and my usual navel-gazing.
- If It Is Not The End Of The World, this week's big piece, thinking about what to do about people who are sure it is.
And hey, how about some after-closing Anthrohio 2017 pictures? I mean for a change of pace.
The final Big Con Schedule Poster, with amendments, particularly the addition of bunny_hugger's events (at the bottom). Also added: a ``Love The Skin You're In'' panel, a comedy show, and something else was changed to a charity ``Whose Lion Is It Anyway''.
The swimming pool! Which, as traditional, we thought we'd maybe get to at some point and then we failed to, possibly not even bringing our swimsuits because we always forget our swimsuits.
The front desk of the hotel, which we knew would soon be lost to time. We were never there much, but it was always the start of our Morphicon/Anthrohio weekend. Well, that and scraping the car's bumper on the too-steep pavement skirt pulling into the parking lot.
A look inside the Connections Cafe, where we never ate, but where once I actually encountered a normal, non-con-affiliated woman who knew what coatis were and even had a picture on her phone somewhere.
Another view of the Connections Cafe featuring a secret selfie of me and bunny_hugger.
Con Suite/Hospitality being put away, and remade as the Dead Dog Dance. Want a couple leftover bags of unpopular-flavor potato chips with some mustard? This is your place.
Trivia: The note Abraham Lincoln wrote in November 1863 specifying the starting point for the Union Pacific Railroad (``the western boundary of Iowa as lies between the North and South boundaries of the United States township, within which the City of Omaha is situated'') was photographed in 1874 to serve as evidence in court in a lawsuit over the railroad's eastern terminus. Source: Empire Express: Building the First Transcontinental Railroad, David Haward Bain.
Currently Reading: The Friendly Orange Glow: The Untold Story of the PLATO System and the Dawn of Cyberculture, Brian Dear. Oh. Yeah, when Apple Of The 80s is making more and more consistently good product-placement, marketing, and price-point decisions than you are you're in a lot of trouble. The only thing worse than being beaten by the smart marketing of Apple Of The 80s is being beaten by the smart marketing of Apple Of The 90s.