Had a week on my humor blog that I'm basically happy with. If you skipped it and its RSS feed, here's your last chance for many of these to be called to your attention.
- Some Astounding Facts About Summer, last week's major piece and all about the season some of us are in.
- There Is No News About Our Rewards Program, a follow-up.
- Statistics Saturday: Acceptable Answers To The Question ‘How’re You Doing?’ part of my service to the community who needs small-talk counseling.
- What’s Going On In Alley Oop? What’s With All The Time Travel Suddenly? April – June 2018 and yes, the plot may not be moving fast, but it is moving logically enough.
- Thinking About The Afterlife In Ancient Greek Mythology in which a conversation with bunny_hugger turns into my movie pitch.
- The 41st Talkartoon: Admission Free, a cartoon that jumps the tracks and seems like it's like two years out of synch with history.
- Oh Yes, Something Remarkable About Summer that didn't make last week's major piece because I didn't write it before then.
- In Which I Missed My Chance To Park On The Street After 2am but found out about it because I actually read the advertising-wrapper.
And now let me share some of the pictures of Casino Pier because I took a lot of them and I need someone to see them.
The Musik Express! Which I believe is a new instance of the thing, replacing one destroyed in Superstorm Sandy. Love that backdrop airbrush art.
Speaking of backdrop airbrush art, here's the side drop for Pirates Hideaway.
Paint job on one of the kiddie car rides updates the van to a reference only 49 years old.
Swinging chairs ride that's another survivor of Sandy.
Dizzy Dragons ride, again a survivor of Sandy. bunny_hugger and I rode this on an earlier visit and did indeed make ourselves too dizzy to continue. But, you know, you get the chance to be in a fat dragon belly, who's going to turn that down?
All up and down the boardwalk are Kohr Custard stands. I'm not sure I had noticed this bit of puffery based on the Chicago World's Fair before but who can turn down graphic design like that? And seriously; I love the typeface and love the industrial picture.
And the stuff going on at one of the restaurants along the boardwalk. Seems exciting I guess?
Oh, so that's where Russel Mael and Jane Wiedlin were hoping to go! ... And apparently they've moved north a quarter-mile since the Funtown Pier fire.
Peeking back at the Floyd Moreland carousel, with a better view of the ceiling.
Trivia: The word ``worry'' derives from the Old English ``wyrgan'', meaning to strangle or throttle, or to choke on food. It first appears in Middle English as ``worien'' to mean ``to kill by choking, to strangle''. Source: Semantic Antics: How and Why Words Change Meaning, Sol Steinmetz.
Currently Reading: Models of Spatial Processes: An Approach to the Study of Point, Line, and Area Patterns, Arthur Getis, Barry Boots.
PS: In Which I Learn A Thing About Non-Euclidean Geometries and it is literally a thing, but still, that's something.