- Every Other Thing There Is To Say About Decorating For Christmas, my third big piece on the same topic, and somehow it gets easier to write when I do the same topic over and over again somehow?
- On Reflection of one of those little social interactions that other people manage to handle all right.
- Statistics Saturday: Christmasy Stuff To Watch On The DVR While I Finish Wrapping And Decorating And Stuff, ripped from real life, which is why there's a forgotten horror-comedy featuring Kay Kaiser on it.
- What’s Going On In Prince Valiant? Did Prince Valiant get back home yet? September – December 2018. Wrapping up the old plot even more and setting up the new plot a bit.
- In Which I Address Your Questions Regarding My Ziggy Christmas Ornament which is a real thing that really exists in reality for real.
- The Stan Freberg Show: My Recaps, Collected in just a big list of things I wrote.
- So It Turns Out There’s More New Popeye Cartoons and I liked this second one more than I liked the first.
- Some Unwise Resolutions, this week's major piece, in which I reach deep into the imagination well and write something about resolutions ahead of New Year's.
And now how's finding that time capsule going?
And now the digger gets to work, while for kids, this has just gone from their parents hanging out with old people at school to the best Saturday in August EVER.
After a couple scoops from the heavy equipment guys with pickaxe and shovel would go at what was dug up, which I suppose is helping?
Bringing out the tape measure for yet another round of doubt about whether they were digging at the right place. You know, nearly all time capsules never get recovered.
See that dark little patch in the dead center of the hole? Yeah, that's not anything, but it inspired confidence that everyone was probably digging in the right spot?
Um ... bye? The digger left after an hour without anything having been found, but that's all right, as it came back.
By now even the kids allowed to hold the metal detector were feeling a loss of morale.
But some excitement! Was there something there?
Do you see it? A plastic surface wrapped with twine.
Success! The cooler's brought up and dispels the rumor that the time capsule had been put in a baby coffin donated by the funeral home.
Trivia: Paris observed 103 holidays in the year 1660. Source: Tastes of Paradise: A Social History of Spices, Stimulants, and Intoxicants, Wolfgang Schivelbusch.
Currently Reading: Hidden Harmonies: The Lives and Times of the Pythagorean Theorem, Robert Kaplan, Ellen Kaplan.
PS: Reading the Comics, December 22, 2018: Christmas Break Edition and just see if I have anything for next week!