It's my day for talking about my humor blog. So. Um. Here's the things that were on my humor blog:
- In Which I Evaluate Some Phobias, last week's big piece and one that was fun to write. Remember fun?
- In Which I Just Get Mean About Trick-Or-Treating During The Pandemic and nobody took any of the bags we set out on the porch by the way.
- Statistics Saturday: Days Remaining In 2020 which is true and despairing and therefore funny. Well, if I did it as a web comic everyone would agree, big mood.
- 60s Popeye: Popeye’s Testimonial Dinner and what the heck was that which is a cartoon that will make you ask: what the heck did I just watch? This is the eight-Republicans-walk-onto-a-debate-sta
ge of clip-show cartoons.
- In Which I Foolishly Ask About A Peanuts Special and it's foolish because I got to wondering about anything but what is literally on screen that moment and that's the wrong way to watch Peanuts cartoons.
- What’s Going On In Dick Tracy? Did Svengoolie bust an actual vampire? August – October 2020 It's a lot of cameos in Dick Tracy recently.
- Statistics October: When Am I Going to Do Something About Mark Trail, And What Will That Be? By the way, if you want to see a nice comfortable teapot-tempest? Check out any forum where they talk about comic strips. There's people very angry about Mark Trail in it. And, yes, it sucks when something you like changes out from under you to something you do not. But it's also a lot of people very angry about Mark Trail, and that's strangely comfortable to read in this wearying time.
- MiSTed: The Tale of Fatty Coon, Chapter I which, yes, is a rerun, but I wanted to share the next couple chapters and I don't want people completely baffled about who this character is and why his author hates him so very, very much.
And now, here's more pictures from the 2019 Calhoun County Fair.
This horse looks like they know something we don't.
``Now me, I don't have a bad side, bunny_hugger. Snap as you like.''
Pig has decided that's enough for the day.
Ducks hanging out in the pond. I remember a couple years ago they had no birds at the fair because of avian flu going around. I thought that was weird, at the time.
A collection of Easter cards which won a blue ribbon. I would not envy judges deciding on things like ``best postcard collection'' except that there's fourteen billion categories and a bunch of them probably get, like, two entries.
On to the rabbits! Here's a Californian who didn't remind us too much of Penelope because she doesn't look ready to slug you.
Red-eyed white rabbit wants you to admire that foot.
Not-quite-black rabbit wants you to admire both feet.
And this golden rabbit wants you to admire how much their body looks like a log.
Quick spot of grooming ahead of the bunny conference.
``You what? You want to see our legs too?'' Chickens look worried about whatever it is I'm up to.
But here we are! Two chickens with ... five ... legs ... between them? ... Wait a minute.
Trivia: After 1957 neither the Lehigh Valley nor the Jersey Central railroads, carrying anthracite coal from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, to Jersey City, would earn a profit. Source: The Men Who Loved Trains: The Story of Men who Battled Greed to Save an Ailing Industry, Rush Loving, Jr.
Currently Reading: On The Shoulders Of Titans: A History of Project Gemini, Barton C Hacker, James M Grimwood.