I've got my love to keep me warm

The company I did the interview with on Friday rejected me. No information about why. Might well be for solid reasons: I have no experience with React or with Ruby and while they said that wasn't an issue, if there's someone with my same qualifications who doesn't need training, well, I can't blame them. Might be for no particular reason: maybe they had someone who interviewed in the morning who did better. Might be for dire reasons: it would be illegal to discriminate against me based on my age, so, they might have not wanted to hire someone as old as I am.


So you can imagine what a fine cheerful careless mood I was in going to pinball league. And, so, somehow had my best league night all season, jumping me up three places in the standings. Nothing makes sense, does it?




Coming to the end of the night at Crossroads Village. Here's the things we saw as the ground was starting to freeze up:


SAM_8166.jpg


A sleigh carrying a Christmas tree, spotted as we walked towards the Atlas Mill, where they actually do mill flour during the warm months.



SAM_8168.jpg


Selection of toys out in front of the Atlas Mill.



SAM_8171.jpg


bunny_hugger takes a snap of the toys and the mill.



Trivia: In 1939 the German government agreed to host the planned 1940 Winter Olympics, using the Garmisch-Partenkirchen site from the 1936 Winter Olympics. They refused to organize an independent Czech team, but did intend to allow Czech athletes to compete under the German flag.
Source: Encyclopedia of the Modern Olympic Movement, Editors John E Findling, Kimberly D Pelle.


Currently Reading: Land: How the Hunger for Ownership Shaped the Modern World, Simon Winchester.


PS: How January 2022 Treated My Mathematics Blog, possibly my most popular post for the month, because of how it's so much boilerplate stuff about how I wasn't so popular. I do not understand this at all but it's reliable.