And you, baker,
What would have been an ordinary week on my humor blog got diverted as Comics Kingdom screwed up their web site and I wrote about that instead. I still don't know why they're pushing Animal Crackers so hard when it's a comic strip they don't even carry somehow. It's not a bad comic strip, as these things go, it's just ... why is it there? I don't know. There is no knowing.
- MiSTed: I WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO TURN Potatoes into CASH! (Part 2 of 2)
- Yeah, Comics Kingdom really borked their web site
- Statistics Saturday: Some Winter Olympics Trivia
- 60s Popeye: The Golden Touch, and how to cure it
- Comics Kingdom is still trying to fix things and also get people to read _Animal Crackers_
- What’s Going On In Judge Parker? Why is April angry the show she wanted made got made? November 2021 – February 2022
- Spoiler: I’m really quite bad at it
- MiSTed: Imagine! Your Christmas Greeting Inside a Chinese Fortune Cooky (Part 1 of 2)
That all said let's get me back to pushing the Turner-Dodge House on you. You like that, don't you?

Looking around a girl's bedroom, with a quite large doll placed across the pillows.

Dolls and toy house and model train set up in the girl's room. The book is Amanda M Douglas's A Little Girl of Long Ago.

Her stocking. The sheep is cute enough but I'm impressed they have a tiny Funhouse Rudy in a gingham dress doll.

Miscellaneous things not really on exhibit in a bit of hallway space that's not quite on the way to or from anything, including a scenic foreground to photograph yourself as, I trust, someone in the Turner-Dodge family.

A loom that's behind that scenic foreground, that appears to have been set aside mid-demonstration.

Antique telephone (it appears) that's sitting on a bench. I say appears because just today The Price Is Right showed off a 1972-era prize, a transistor FM radio designed to look like a phone of this vintage and that was somehow $92 in 1972 money, so who knows what anything is anymore. Anyway, the miniature desk is a great feature of phones from this era.
Trivia: The organizers of the 1972 Winter Olympics projected that they would draw 2,300 athletes and officials from 42 countries. There were in fact 1,128 athletes and 527 officials from 35 countries attending the Sapporo games, likely because of the yen's relative strength and the dollar's weakness after the floating exchange rate system took hold.
Source: Encyclopedia of the Modern Olympic Movement, Editors John E Findling, Kimberly D Pelle.
Currently Reading: Heavenly Intrigue: Johannes Kepler, Tycho Brahe, and the Murder Behind One of History's Greatest Scientific Discoveries, Joshua Gilder, Anne-Lee Gilder. (At least that's the book on my table. I'm really spending my reading time trying to understand some background documents for a job I'm going to make a bid for.)