Every night when everybody has fun

The radio-controlled kitchen clock is still showing the correct time. I like this trend.


I am still pressed for time, though, so here's the last pictures from pinball league finals last week. Want to know what's next on the photo roll? Well, it'll be something I could not possibly have shown you last week. That's a hint.


SAM_8742.jpg


bunny_hugger gets a picture of folks competing on Batman 66, part of finals.



SAM_8745.jpg


Eventually the group using the big, steady table left, and we moved the trophies and tournament stuff over there. It's the one really big table convenient for gaming and stuff that the place has, so we're reluctant to fill it up when bunny_hugger and I just buy two pops. But by now? Late in the evening? When the kitchen was shutting down? We felt okay taking that up now.



SAM_8747.jpg


Playing on Stranger Things, also a favorite with the general clientele. And as you see from the wall decor, something the bar staff got into too. I don't know the significance of the Christmas lights above the alphabet but there's something like this on the pinball game so it must be in the show somewhere I guess.



SAM_8768.jpg


Turning off games, partly because it's the end of the night, partly because yes, the roof was leaking again, from a new location, so those had to be moved out of the way.



SAM_8771.jpg


And a last, very late, look at the bar from the upstairs. The alcove is concealed on the left. The band's stage is on the upper right near the windows up front.



Trivia: Ludwig van Beethoven waited ten years before thanking ETA Hoffmann for his July 1809 review, and critical appreciation, of the Fifth Symphony. Source: Beethoven: The Universal Composer, Edmund Morris. (Morris argues that Hoffmann --- not yet renowned for his story-writing --- was the first critic to really get what was great about Beethoven.)


Currently Reading: Across The Airless Wilds: The Lunar Rover and the Triumph of the Final Moon Landings, Earl Swift.


PS: Been wondering What's Going On In Mark Trail? Why did that lizard rapper visit Rusty? January - March 2022 gets its plot recap today.