Down the line you'll see the shine for Oregon to Caroline
So a couple weeks back I got my eyes examined, and the verdict that I needed reading glasses, 1.25 magnification. Last week bunny_hugger spent an afternoon working at the bookstore, so I followed her in to buy glasses at the employee discount. (Also I stopped in Okemos to get some last pictures of that camel-back bridge which, it turns out, has not yet been demolished even though they said they were going to close it back in like February. Its sister bridge, the southbound one, is gone, though.) It took me a bit of wandering around to find the glasses, a sign I should have gone shopping sooner. I also relied on
bunny_hugger's advice about what pair to get, as I'm not going to be the one seeing them.
So that's part of why I'm reading Ten Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Years With Pogo. Comfort, of course, but also that I want to break the glasses in on a book I like and will remember. It's a book with large enough print I don't really need the reading glasses, but .. wow, does that bring everything into sharp clarity, like, stunningly so. I'm not sure whether I'm more amazed how easy that is to read or how easy my computer is to read.
Today the vision plan sent its Statement of Benefits explaining that they would be paying no benefits, since apparently my eye exam was not what they meant when they said they would cover an eye exam.
How about a couple pictures of nothing much going on, before I get back to things going on?

We keep some hay for Sunshine in a paper bag in the living room. Over the winter she chewed the paper bag open so she could get at the hay she was going to get anyway.

She's very happy at having got a way to steal hay that, I need to point out, we give her in abundance in her pen anyway. But, stolen sweets are sweeter.

She did not stop at a small hole, but kept at it until the bag was completely torn apart and even had a side hole!
Trivia: Of the European colonial powers with holdings in Africa --- the United Kingdom, Britain, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and Portugal --- only Spain remained neutral through the whole of World War I. Source: The First World War, Hew Strachan. (Portugal entered the war, under British pressure, officially in 1916, mostly to shore up its African holdings, and there had been conflict between Portuguese-held Angola and German South West Africa [ Namibia ] from 1914.)
Currently Reading: Ten Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Years With Pogo, Walt Kelly.