Flow it, show it, long as I can grow it, my hair

I went to Meijer's and got a new hairbrush so in case I ever get a Zoom interview again I can have my hair straightened out.


Otherwise, uh, on my mathematics blog I published Reading the Comics, May 7, 2022: Does Comic Strip Master Command Not Do Mathematics Anymore Edition? and I have the dearth of mathematics-themed comic strips to help me feel like the world doesn't need me anymore. With that most of the stuff worth talking about let me share Pinball At The Zoo pictures from a couple weeks ago:


SAM_9299.jpg


I stepped out the north end of the hall, the open one you maybe saw in a picture yesterday, to look at the fields and ran across this goose who never had anything to do with me.



SAM_9300.jpg


Looking back into the pinball expo from outside. I chose to have the interior be visible at the cost of the outside being overexposed; not much else to do.



SAM_9301.jpg


There's that lone X's and O's, way off from the other games. It'd be less isolated when we returned Saturday and I suppose things were busier still on Friday.



SAM_9305.jpg


So I put up one game on that isolated X's and O's and it turned out to be the high score, which is why it's flashing on all four players here. This was a five-ball game, unlike the X's and O's in the daily competition, but my three-ball score still would have been like the sixth-highest one entered. It turns out playing just for one usually works better.



SAM_9307.jpg


And then I went around games in the free-play area. This 1972 Fan-Tas-Tic features, of course, Christian Marche artwork.



SAM_9308.jpg


The playfield of Fan-Tas-Tic, which has some great quirky curves, as well as one of those dangerous pop bumpers between the flippers.



Trivia: The first complete street map of all Paris was made in 1853. Source: The Railway Journey: The Industrialization of Time and Space in the 19th Century, Wolfgang Schivelbusch.


Currently Reading: Behemoth: A History of the Factory and the Making of the Modern World, Joshua B Freeman.