Had another one-post week on my mathematics blog, but it was a post about comic strips. And my observation that it's getting harder to write comic strip posts, since there's fewer of them than there used to be. Observe my complaining, and more! Reading the Comics, April 17, 2022: Did I Catch Comic Strip Master Command By Surprise Edition How to Add Up Powers of Numbers How April 2022 Treated My Mathematics Blog Reading the Comics, May 7, 2022: Does Comic Strip Master Command Not Do Mathematics Anymore Edition? Now on to photographs from Pinball At The Zoo Saturday! Ready for a different set of pinball backglasses and people seen from behind? I think you are! The line gathered outside the Expo Center, waiting to get in and get first dibs on the games. Competitors lining up to pay their admission at 9 am. That's Steve Bowden, at this moment the 24th-highest-ranked competitive pinball player in the world , on Space Shuttle. I watched him so closely to see how to play that thing. (It turns out he was using mostly the strategy I adopted, shoot the spinner and don't try for multiball, although I did it because I couldn't get multiball started. He, when he did start it, just kept the multiball going forever.) The Women's players wondering who let this ringer (bunny_hugger) in to their nice friendly tournament. bunny_hugger putting her hood up and getting ready to play some Beatles. bunny_hugger would allow other players to try the Beatles too, although in the second round of finals (which this was) she'd rather not have. Trivia: The word ``ornery'' began as a dialectic pronunciation of ``ordinary'', and its earliest known appearances in print use it as such. Source: Webster's Dictionary of Word Origins, Editor Frederick C Mish. ``Ornery'' quickly got use with connotations of contempt, and from there to bad temper or bad behavior. Currently Reading: Pogo: The Complete Syndicated Comic Strips, Volume 6: Clean As A Weasel , Walt Kelly. Editors Mark Evanier, Eric Reynolds.