On my humor blog this week I got wrapped up in fear that I had lifted a joke format from a different former Saturday Night Live/Weekend Update-connected white guy than I had thought the week before. Watch the saga unfold! MiSTed: Safety First (part 6 of 16) In Which I Am Terror-Stricken Statistics Saturday: How Artists Spend The Time On Their Pictures 60s Popeye: Intellectual Interlude, as the world tries to cope with a smart Popeye In Which I Am Left Thinking What's Going On In Prince Valiant? When were Prince Valiant's chronicles written? March - May 2022 Comics Kingdom Is Never Going to Make Sunday Comics Readable on Computers MiSTed: Safety First (part 7 of 16) Here's a little more of the dwindling hours of Pinball At The Zoo. Secret Service and, opposite it, Checkpoint, are two of my earliest pinball fascinations and they're always here (and in these positions) every year and I'm always glad to get back to them. I'm much better at Checkpoint than I was in 1991; Secret Service, I'm ... about like I was in 1990. Hm. Finals carrying on, with competitors, tournament officials, and a few die-hards like me here. TG's winners' poster, and some of the not-yet-decided trophies. It's after the official close of the show, so the desolation is seasonally appropriate. They've started taking apart the gorilla! Also apparently this is all the taking-apart they feel they need to do. Flyers left over from the merch table. They didn't have T-shirts by Saturday when we got there. I imagine they won't have a reproduction of them next year so my pinball T-shirt collection remains frozen where it was at the start of the pandemic. Trivia: Gyromancy is the practice of fortune-telling by walking in circles until dizzy. Source: The Uncyclopedia, Gideon Haigh. Currently Reading: Finding Fibonacci: The Quest to Rediscover the Forgotten Mathematical Genius Who Changed The World , Keith Devlin.