Had some comics to talk about this week on my mathematics blog. It wasn't a lot of talk, but it was there. Here's my recent postings: Reading the Comics, June 3, 2022: Prime Choices Edition I shouldn't keep hiding the Playful Math Education Carnivals from you Reading the Comics, June 18, 2022: Pizza Edition Reading the Comics, June 26, 2022: First Doldrums of Summer Edition And for you cartoon fans here's 60s Popeye: Uncivil War, about the processes that drive one bad. How did the cupcake decorating contest at Anthrohio turn out? I know, of course, but have you had the chance to look at my pictures? And here's the cupcake I made, with, if you squint, a flying saucer zipping through space, because I thought the theme of the convention was ``I don't know, space or the future or something''. (It was ``Tech Noir''.) bunny_hugger getting assistance from her new puppet dragon in working on her cupcake, one that encourages everyone to ``loop it through Jones'', the cybernetic dolphin that's one of many baffling images in the film version of Johnny Mnemonic and also something actually appropriate for the ``Tech Noir'' theme. bunny_hugger's dragon and cupcake and I am embarrassed that this is the best photograph I got of her well-themed cupcake. Suiting! bunny_hugger gets a bit of time in front of those concentric diamonds. Going in to the dance and enjoying a glowing tiara for it. Just gorgeous splashes of color all around the dance floor. Trivia: Jean de Mairan first showed, in 1729, with the first controlled light-dark experiments on plants that the opening and closing of plant leaves kept a persistent, periodic effect, even if the plants were kept in complete darkness. Source: Empires of Time: Calendars, Clocks, and Cultures, Anthony Aveni. Currently Reading: The Nightlife Of The Gods , Thorne Smith. Trying my hand at reading long-form (if comic) fiction after a long while.