It's been another basic week of mathematics blogging. Here's the recent postings: Reading the Comics, June 18, 2022: Pizza Edition Reading the Comics, June 26, 2022: First Doldrums of Summer Edition How June 2022 Treated My Mathematics Blog Reading the Comics, July 12, 2022: Numerals Edition And for cartoon reviews as I come new the end of the King Features Syndicate set of 60s Popeye: Popeye's Corn-Certo (I wonder if Hungarian Rhapsody #2 gets played) gets some attention. Now some walking around town in early June, after Anthrohio but before today. The Umoja House, which seems to be two houses based on the flags hung out the porches. This is a new development in our neighborhood and apparently it's some sort of hostel intended for international travellers, which seems like a nice thing to have around. The 'T' in their sign keeps tipping over, somehow, but the sign also has fallen over at least one day a week. Liz's Alteration Shop after a fire ruined the attached apartments that I think the shopkeeper lived in. I don't know what's to become of the building but it doesn't look good and in the couple weeks since I took this photo it hasn't got any better. The hipster bar where we play pinball removed the faux-wood-cabin peak on its frontage, revealing the 1943s(?) vintage brick front hidden behind for several decades, at least since the camping good store put (we assume) the false front on. Note that in taking off the fake front, they also took off the not-too-attention-catching letters that said the name of the place. A month later and they still haven't put up anything identifying the place, but they have hung up, to the left of the door, a bedsheet with ``I ASSURE YOU WE'RE OPEN'' spray-painted on. Meanwhile new businesses develop. I'm not sure what Aplus Value is, but it's opened in a long-empty grocery storefront and asks people to come in around back from the parking lot, rather than the side that faces the main street. I haven't seen anyone inside but the tables suggest probably a restaurant of some kind? I guess? And someone in the neighborhood decided to make the sidewalks a video game. Trivia: Neil Armstrong did not report to Mission Control that he had manually flown the lunar module away from the automatic landing system's target point --- which turned out to be a rock-strewn crater --- until after the Eagle touched down. Source: Where No Man Has Gone Before: A History of NASA's Lunar Expeditions, William David Compton. NASA SP-4214. (He had been too busy flying the craft to say what he was up to.) Currently Reading: Return To Earth , Buzz Aldrin, Wayne Warga.