Getting bored with how I have so little stuff to report about my mathematics blog week after week? Don't worry, that's going to change soon. Meanwhile, here's the last couple weeks of my writing there: How August 2022 Treated My Mathematics Blog: Romania Has Tired Of Me Some Fun Ways to Write Numbers but Complicated Have You Considered Spending Next Month Drawing Mathematics? How Pop-Up Cards and Books Work Now let's take in some reading material from Seabreeze. In the carousel house were, free for the taking, these five-page brochures, replicas of a talk about the Long Family and its history with carousels, given at the October 1974 National Carousel Roundtable Conference in Flint, Michigan. Page two. I regret that I held the page badly so that the last words in the upper right corner are cut off, but it's all right, if my photos should end up being the only copies of the essay to survive as ... There you go. The missing corner appears with the rest of page three here. Also it caught me that Wildwood, New Jersey, gets a mention. Page four. Mentions of several now-gone carousels including the one at Million Dollar Pier, Atlantic City. Final page. The 1974 conference was a big step in the organization of carousel appreciation, so it's grand to have this touch from that transformative event. (Note that I do not know how well Robert Long's research is regarded in light of fifty years of further historical research and analysis, but I expect this reflects the best information he had at the time.) Getting back outside now. Here's a stunt show --- 'Cirque en Vol' --- held a couple times in the afternoon. Besides the bicycle stunts they had the bits of people jumping down and back up the wall on the left there. Seabreeze's midway games and food are in the background. Trivia: The earliest known Greek writing to mention Rome is a mention in a fragment of Aristotle from the fourth century BCE. Source: Empires of the Word: A Language History of the World, Nicholas Ostler. At least as of the time of Ostler's writing (the book was published 2005, so probably around 2003); I can't swear an earlier mention hasn't been found. Currently Reading: Defining NASA: The Historical Debate Over the Agency's Mission , W D Kay.