And made plans to meet tonight
So you know what I did on my mathematics blog this week? Not a thing. You want to see it, look at last weekend's piece. It's where you thought it was. On my humor blog I looked at 60s Popeye: Autographically Yours, my King Features Popeye Encore! which was a cartoon I quite liked. And now ... the close of our day at Seabreeze. At this point we're already outside the park, after snagging our park maps after that confusing business with the security guy and the women in the bathroom being worried about a skunk.

Seabreeze's entrance gate, lit up but closed tight for the night.

And yet it looked like a ride was still going! Screamin' Eagle, I think. Which considering the park had been closed like a half-hour is amazing. Maybe they were testing it?

A broader view of Seabreeze's entrance, and the parking lot that we couldn't get anywhere near that day. For our 2019 trip we were parked just like one row behind the planters to the right of the picture frame.

The management building, which used to be the trolley station (and in a different location) back when the trolley lines ran to the park.

Screamin' Eagle, a ride that swings you 70 feet in the air, still showing its lights on in the night.

View of the still-illuminated Whirlwind, seen as we walked downhill to our car.

Nice photo of Whirlwind in the night looking vaguely like some kind of space hardware.

And finally, from our car and the parking lot way below, a last hopeful glance up to see just the faintest hint of the Whirlwind coaster, last part of the park that was visible.
Trivia: During his 1936-37 stay in Hollywood Fred Allen eschewed the studio's limousine offer. Instead he rented a car with a chauffeur, proposing to him that, ``With what I'm paying in renta, you could be making payments on a car. Why don't I just give the money to you?'' And thus he and Portland Hoffa would turn up at events in a cream-colored Ford. Source: Fred Allen: His Life And Wit, Robert Taylor.
Currently Reading: Defining NASA: The Historical Debate Over the Agency's Mission, W D Kay.