I'm putting on my top hat, tying up my white tie, brushing off my tails

I'll report on the first day of work soon enough. Also about the Wonderland of Lights that by the way we saw on Sunday and why we went on Sunday for that. For now, though, please enjoy more pictures from Halloweekends and the rest of my good snaps of what's left of Top Thrill Dragster.


SAM_3347.jpg


This shouldn't be funny to me but also can't you imagine Wile E Coyote dropping off that end there?



SAM_3348.jpg


The 'Finish' sign was still in place, although the track was long gone by now and I assume the signs will be changed as Top Thrill Dragster becomes whatever its next incarnation is.



SAM_3351.jpg


This view over the construction fence shows how lovely the infield is, but also means you can't actually see where the track ends.



SAM_3355.jpg


Over here to Wilderness Run, one of the kiddie coasters, formerly Junior Gemini. Actual Gemini is in the background there.



SAM_3357.jpg


Train on Wilderness Run going around. Adults are only allowed to ride when accompanying kids so this is the only Cedar Point coaster I have yet to be on. bunny_hugger has been on it, though as Junior Gemini.



SAM_3358.jpg


Bye! I wanted a clearer photo but I kind of like the bur of the coaster's movement.



SAM_3359.jpg


Pipe Scream, looking like a lot of fun. We had one of our rare rides on it and it's a fun one, just, not a roller coaster, no matter what Cedar Point sometimes tries to pretend.



SAM_3360.jpg


Does that look like a 20-minute wait to you? Yeah, the sign was just fibbing.



SAM_3362.jpg


One of the gift shops had some Top Thrill Dragster merchandise left over. I assume this --- one of a line that builds on snarky references to rides --- won't be restocked. If I had income to spare I ... probably wouldn't have got this anyway, but the wolf in a top hat is nice.



Trivia: Apollo 17's crew left the recovery ship Ticonderoga on the 21st of December, 1972 just past midnight Greenwich Time, and arrived in Houston at 15:50 Greenwich time. Source: Apollo By The Numbers, Richard W Orloff. NASA SP-4029. (That's starting from Hawai'i, or near enough, which is why it took 15 hours, which still seems kind of long.)


Currently Reading: King of All Balloons: The Adventurous Life of James Sadler, the First English Aeronaut, Mark Davies.