I feel my heart start to trembling

Sorry I'm late; forgot to schedule the post.


After the Bunnies SIG we figured we needed to eat. We still don't have a handle on when things are closing anymore. Our sponsorship of the con entitled us to a meal ticket but none of the meals were vegetarian. We could ask for the chicken to be left out of the salad (say), but that's not a lot of dinner anyway. We figured to go to a Taco Bell that my satellite navigator said was about three miles away. And this makes me conclude that we must have got my car parked at the convention hotel after all, since we had to think out whether we'd be able to park later in the evening when we came back. I thought we likely would find somewhere, and we did, but it was tight.


Also tight: getting to this Taco Bell, which was not far as the crow flies, but a fair bit longer as the car drives. It did take us past Ypsilanti's most famous landmark, the water tower that gets ragged on as excessively phallic and just ... I guess if it's important to you to call that phallic all right then. The drive getting there (and back) wasn't actually hard, but it looked difficult, in part since the satellite navigator wanted to over-explain 'stay on this road three miles' and then was vague about spots where the path becomes one lane out of three. At the Taco Bell also were every other car in the world, and a heap of snow that somehow hadn't melted even though it was above freezing and, most of the previous week, raining.


Well, we got back to our hotel room --- once again going so close to the Ypsilanti Water Tower we could have got out an touched it --- and settled in to eat. Here's where I discovered I had two cheesy bean tacos, instead of the burritos I inevitably order. I was confused because I would have sworn I had ordered burritos, but bunny_hugger remembered otherwise --- thinking it strange I got tacos --- and between her memory, the receipt, and the actual presence of food I had to defer.


Some of what we spent time in the room for was to eat. And some to rest, after the day of being out doing things and, for me at least, also walking to and from the convention hotel from our hotel. Some of it also was that bunny_hugger had actual work to do, for the classes she's teaching, and there wasn't much to do except finish that off.


That took longer than she'd expected, but it did finally finish. It was close to midnight, though, and I think on the wrong side of midnight. The question then was do we bother going back to the convention for what was left of the dance? Or maybe hospitality, which was serving drinks? Or do we go to bed early and get a full night's sleep?


I voted for going to the convention, and we got on our Stitch and Angel kigurumis to drive over. This was a little annoying as I didn't have my sweatpants, the ones I normally sleep in, and that I put under my kigurumis so I have a securely deep pocket for my wallet and keys. Had to make do with my regular cargo pants, wich are very secure but harder to slip my hands into within the kigurumi confines.


Never mind. We went to the dance, me right away, bunny_hugger as she finished her half-hour-long minimum daily walk. (Some of this walk was through the dance floor, several times over.) I spent the time on the dance floor, as best I could since I only had my heavy rubber boots to dance in. The boots were the right thing to wear, given how much of the convention was rainy or cold or both. They're still not ideal dance shoes, and I blame them for my moves being somehow worse than usual.


The dance ran late, as often happens, I suppose because it started late. We were glad to have got to it, and to spend some time in a modest but actual crowd with very loud music despite our earplugs, and to see it all the way to the end of the day when they turned on the lights and played Toto's ``Africa''. Though we were going to bed a good half-hour later than we had expected even for staying out all night, it was worth it. Of course, who could know what we'd think of it Sunday morning?




Having got done with Saturday at Motor City Furry Con in text, let's return to near the start of Saturday in pictures.


SAM_4832.jpg


There he is! Twitchers was just running a little late, as will happen to a group photo sometimes.



SAM_4835.jpg


Looking out over the secondary lobby from the stairs. It's a good spot to take photos from; lots to see and lots of light.



SAM_4836.jpg


And here's the Pipsqueakery's cages. One of the attendants is explaining the hedgehog to onlookers on the left there.



SAM_4837.jpg


Promotion for this Super Mario Brothers movie is getting out of hand.



SAM_4841.jpg


Now that is an outstanding cheetah head; you don't see that sort of realism in fursuits much and it looks outstanding.



SAM_4842.jpg


My darling! Happy Easter, bunny_hugger!



Trivia: The International Hydrographic Organization's original 1928 definition of the South Atlantic set its northern boundary as the latitude line of four degrees 25 minutes north latitude, between Cape Palmas in Liberia and Cape Orange in Brazil; the west limit the coast of South America except for the estuary of the River Plate; the eastern limit the coast of sub-Liberian Africa except for the Gulf of Guinea; and the southern limit a line connecting Cape Argulhas with Cape Horn. It is a more complicated boundary today. Source: Atlantic: Great Sea Battles, Heroic Discoveries, Titanic Storms, and a Vast Ocean of a Million Stories, Simon Winchester.


Currently Reading: Archie 1000-Page Comics Party, Editor Jamie Lee Rotante.