Some sad news about our real-world circumstances broke in my humor blog this week. Did you see what it was when these pieces appeared on your Reading page or, for those who partake, their RSS reader? If you missed it you have your chance to find it among all this bunch of jokes coming out of pop culture stuff: MiSTed: The Tale of Grumpy Weasel, Chapter 22 And Yet I Can't Remember a Single Practical Joke Statistics Saturday: Ranking of I-295's I Am Ambiguously Reassured To Say Nothing of How This Hurts Our Chili-Eating What's Going On In Prince Valiant? Why is King Arthur a monk? January - April 2023 But What I Need Is That Cool Board Where You Pick Two-Digit Numbers From the Price of a Car MiSTed: The Tale of Grumpy Weasel, Chapter 23 I am, at last, up to Sunday at Motor City Furry Con; hope you enjoy the photos! Holding court at the Trash Animals SIG. Or just a lot of hanging around and wondering, like, whether bears (background left) count. More of the participants as everybody takes pictures of each other. The headless fellow on the right's a rat. And yes, there were raccoons of many colors, which is to say blue. All right, purple, but a blue-ish purple. Memes got pressed into service for various PSA work. Also googly eyes. I'm sorry that the reflection of light on Willy Wonka's right eye there causes it to become really unsettling. Art! An original bunny_hugger doodle on the hospitality crayon-friendly tablecloths of a rat enjoying some Faygo. We were just settling into a panel when I saw someone had puffed up their presence outside, which is why this picture is from above and slightly faded out through the window glaze. I can't see the badge but know it's there. Trivia: In the early 1900's Buffalo, New York, granted a franchise to the Frontier Telephone Company on the condition that the company pay the city $50,000 in cash, a three percent gross receipts tax, and give the city free use of one hundred telephones. None of these impositions were put on the local Bell Telephone licensee. Frontier did not last long. Source: Telephone: The First Hundred Years, John Brooks. Currently Reading: Managing Previously Unmanaged Collections: A Practical Guide for Museums , Angela Kipp. Let's give this a new try.