Nothing is as good as they say it is

So we went to a fair on Saturday, and Cedar Point on Sunday, and I got busy with work and extra stuff today, and I just now heard Sparks's new single, which is all my way of saying I don't have stuff done. I'm lucky if I can caption enough photos to include here from my walk about town back Easter weekend.


SAM_5193.jpg


I really like how the water appears to divot in just before dropping over the falls here. I guess it might be the dam underneath causing this but I suspect it's more of an optical illusion.



SAM_5195.jpg


The frisbee golf has a bonus water hazard.



SAM_5198.jpg


Realized there was no reason not to walk over the bridge and see what it looks like on the south end of the park. It's pretty nice.



SAM_5199.jpg


But you also see how close the riverfront yards are to being river-underneath. Also, hey, birds.



SAM_5200.jpg


They've been rebuilding the bridge here for ever now and I guess are just waiting for some leftover space shuttle tiles to finish this roadbed off.



SAM_5202.jpg


Nice stone dam and water sluices. The waterfall I spend so much time photographing is to the right of that median.



Trivia: The launch of Skylab 2 --- the first crew --- was officially scrubbed on the 14th of May, 1973, at T minus 14 hours 35 minutes, 21 hours and ten minutes after its start.
Source: Skylab: A Chronology, Roland W Newkirk, Ivan D Ertel, Courtney G Brooks.. NASA SP-4011.


Currently Reading: Railroads for Michigan, Graydon M Meints.