Well, what came next at Anthrohio on Sunday was closing ceremonies, of course. We started our way there a little late and found the Main Ballroom packed. We weren't sure there would be two seats, let alone ones close together. We found them on the far side of the room, though. The closing was the typical stuff. Talk about what events there had been that I didn't know anything about. How much was raised for the convention charity at the very many fundraising events we missed altogether. (We always miss these, even when we're not suspicious of the charity.) Ed the Hyena being too frazzled to remember what's happening next. Passing microphones to con board members who had mistaken the microphone set in front of them for being turned on. Afterward was, as traditional, time for giving feedback. Nobody seemed much interested in starting, so I went up and determined to start on a positive note. I thanked them for the printed, physical, con booklets and program guide mini-booklet. They're glad there's so much interest in them. And also thanked them for the strong policy against Covid-19, requiring proof of bivalent vaccination and masking in all public con spaces including event rooms. Yes, I am aware of the dramatic irony as it is most likely that I had already been infected by then. I still believe what I said. bunny_hugger, speaking next, joined in this approval. And most people did. I don't know what it's like on Birdsite these days when someone takes an anti-Covid-19 policy, as Anthrohio did this year, but I imagine it's worse than I imagine. But everyone I heard who expressed an opinion --- we didn't stay until the end, as the line kept growing --- expressed a positive opinion, thankful that someone was still taking the pandemic seriously. Even that guy we knew from the Rabbits SIG, with the complex tales of woe, started out talking about how his vaccination something something hospital and the hotel overcharged him a thousand bucks and his car blew up and all that. But also that he wouldn't have missed this con for anything in the world and he was going to be back next year. Hospital, hotel, and car permitting, I imagine. We ducked out early to eat, at last getting our visit to Hothead Burritos in. Not the one we first discovered and always used to go to, in Hothead Plaza. While the plaza is still named that, the Hothead Burritos in that spot closed at least a year ago and has been replaced with something we don't have any interest in. No, this was a different spot that was closer to Anthrohio's current hotel, but much more annoying to get to. After all this, there was only the one event left at the convention. This was the Dead Dog Dance, and was also the time that bunny_hugger finally took out her first and oldest fursuit, that of herself. We'd get to most of the dance, taking a couple short breaks for water or the relatively cooler air outside, but mostly listening to electronic dance music with the occasional lick of something we specifically recalled. This lasted until shortly after 10 pm, when the DJs wrapped up, thanked everyone for coming out and thanked the tech crew for making everything work, and then played ... not Toto's 'Africa', but another song that's at least as 80s and meant to shoo people off without actually working on me and bunny_hugger. I forget which. They'll probably play it next time. We did our best with the next hour or so to walk around, finding people, talking with them, agreeing that we don't do enough of this. And wondering whatever happened to the Atomic Battle of Doom, the Nerf war combat that used to see out the night in Secondary Events. It was maybe the last remnant of the old Morphicon besides cake decorating to last into the Anthrohio era. That and the place closing up well before midnight Sunday nights. Sometime well before midnight that Sunday night, we went up to our room, getting ready to check out and go to bed. Trivia: When Edmond Halley returned from his St Helena astronomical expedition in 1676 he also brought geologic specimens. One, donated to the indefatigable collector Hans Sloane, Sloane described as ``seeming ironstone in which are lodged some silver mica or talc. It looks as if it had been a volcano cinder. Dr Halley saith the most part of the island is of it & believes it is cast up from the sea bottom''. Source: Ingenious Pursuits: Building the Scientific Revolution, Lisa Jardine. Currently Reading: Paper: Paging Through History , Mark Kurlansky.