Taking what once had been my day for promoting the mathematics blog to share a double ration of Anthrohio Saturday photos, most of them from the cake decorating contest, while I try to think of an appropriate tag/title for our California amusement park trip from last month. bunny_hugger and others sitting around waiting for judging and maybe late entrants. 'Wait, they're trophies for the top three winners?' 'Always have been!' So here's the slate of cakes decorated in 'animals with no attempt to tie into the con theme whatever it was this year'. Our UFO cake and then some others with a theme of whatever. Note the Oreos and fig newtons stuffed into the center bottom cake. And the last cakes, which you saw before, including the Hot Dog Enterprise. I have no idea what the thing put on top of the pentagram cake is but it has banished whatever hunger I had felt. The judging! Which went on forever, somehow. And people who weren't us getting prizes. I was shocked the Hot Dog Enterprise didn't win; I mean, it's visually arresting and on-theme so I couldn't disagree with it except for the point that hot dogs don't belong on cake, and the rules said they did. Couple hours later, other cakes have been chopped up but ours is still intact. I appreciate that this lets you see the gradient shading they somehow managed for the Hot Dog Enterprise cake as that's a great effect previously buried. The Easter egg discoveries this time were themed to space frogs. We didn't find many but it was great having around. Also people were printing out memes. I don't understand this one but it was posted in like four places. And then there's the hallways obstructed by fursuit hugging. Trivia: The Fleischer's Song Car-Tunes series, released from May 1924 to September 1927, pioneered the use of the ``follow the bouncing ball'' bit to lead audiences in theater singalongs. There were 36 titles, 19 of them using the Phonofilm sound-on-film process developed by Lee Deforest. Source: Terry-Toons: The Story of Paul Terry and his Classic Cartoon Factory, W Gerald Hamonic. Yes, this is before The Jazz Singer ; the start of talkies was more confused and ambiguous than than ``here was the first talking picture''. Currently reading: Lost Popeye Zine Volume 25: Popeye and Paradise Peak, Part 2 , Tom Sims, Bela Zaboly. Editor Stephanie Noelle. The story has, like, everybody from the strip's history show up at least in bit parts so it's fun having, like, the underground De-Mings who keep threatening to ``throw dirt in his face!'' squaring off against the Harpies whom Popeye convinced he'd made beautiful and encounters like that.