Inspired by james_nicoll I offer ten common things I've never done:
- Had a pet cat or dog.
- Seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies.
- Gotten drunk.
- Watched any of the OJ Simpson car chase/standoff as it happened, nor since in more-than-ten-second clips in news reports.
- Owned a Windows-based computer.
- Read a Stephen King, Tom Clancy, James Michener, or Harry Potter novel.
- Flown through Atlanta, Georgia.
- Ridden a horse.
- Owned a cell phone.
- Seen a whole episode of The Brady Bunch.
That was surprisingly easy, and I've got leftover items like having never bought wine, nor a CD player (I got players with other purchases, like of a computer or a cable subscription), or never seeing a Quiznos commercial. I've also missed things common in a select community, like never re-aligning a Commodore 1541 disk drive, nor buying an X-Men comic book. Just lucky I guess.
Trivia: The 1857 Trans-Atlantic telegraph cable was five-eighths of an inch in diameter, and had 340,500 miles of copper and iron wire, and 300 tons of gutta-percha. Source: A Thread Across The Ocean, John Steele Gordon.
Currently Reading: History of the Second World War, Basil H Liddell-Hart.