So, a little discovery about the red panda kigurumi which bunny_hugger gave me for Christmas. Besides being amazingly comfortable, and besides making easy that curious state where all my shirts and pants are laundered at the same time, it looks good. More, if I pull the hood back, it looks stunningly like the Deep Space Nine-era Star Fleet uniform. I don't have a particular application for this resemblance yet, but, I will keep it in mind, and I do have a 90's Star Fleet communicator badge around here somewhere. I think.
- Wizardless, about a lousy night at pinball.
- Color Classics: Ants In The Plants, a Fleischer cartoon where there's some spare style on display.
- Statistics Saturday: The Days On Which United States Vice-Presidents Have Died Most Often, which turns out to be more interesting than I thought it would have been.
- Mary Worth Taken Over By Brain-Eating Virus, because of one panel that is the most Un-Mary-Worthiest thing ever. Also I point out some mathematics comics.
- And Commander Data Tries Out Something Else Wrong, because it's a scene from Star Trek: Insurrection and so who cares, really.
- A Grain Of Solace in which people help me with quinoa.
- And The Golden Moment where because of that quinoa help I guess I have to go to Utah or maybe California.
- In Which Suddenly I Know Anything About Rugby, Belgium, because there was this rugby team that lost by a really quite embarrassing score.
Trivia: In 1821 the government of the Netherlands sold for scrap paper what remained of the archives of the Dutch East and West India Companies for the years up to 1700, including about 80,000 pounds of records of the settlement of New Amsterdam and the New Netherlands. Source: The Island at the Centre of the World, Russell Shorto.
Currently Reading: A Tenth Of A Second: A History, Jimena Canales.