This week my humor blog featured the start of a fresh Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan fiction. Hope you like. Also run there:
- The Top Ten For 2016, last week's big thing and a year-in-review-if-you-dare bit.
- Way Too Much For Me This Or Any Time Of Year and as you'd expect it's about a billboard.
- Statistics Saturday: What I Spent December Doing and see if you did any better.
- Jack Benny: Goodbye 1941, Hello 42, an old-time radio New Year's Eve event.
- MiSTed: The Tale of Fatty Coon, Chapter I starting some animal-fantasy from the days when authors didn't need to like their protagonists even in the slightest little bit apparently.
- MiSTed: The Tale of Fatty Coon, Chapter II
- MiSTed: The Tale of Fatty Coon, Chapter III
- The First Of 2017, this week's major piece, about how little there is to do even.
Now for some strolling along the beach at Omena.
Entry to the Omena Beach. The set of rules for the beach were so worded that I argued it was against the rules to take your trash home for disposal, and you instead had to toss it out in the bins there. Can't imagine they prosecute many of those cases though.
Stuff to do at the Omena Beach if you don't want to swim or toss pebbles or fossil-hunt. Also we would learn those rubber-strap seats hurt when you're a grownup and have hips wide enough that the hooks holding the strap on will dig into your hips and will never, ever stop digging.
The former Harbor Bar as viewed from kind of a little way along the beach. Now it's Knot Just A Bar and a winery and feels like the natural habitat for my mother's college friends.
Setting sun at the Omena beach. Half-moon and a bird in view there.
Water rushing in to the Omena beach. I couldn't line up a picture that perfectly if I tried.
Trivia: There are at least 2,500 species of mosquito. Source: The Path Between The Seas: The Creation of the Panama Canal, 1870 - 1914, David McCullough.
Currently Reading: 1919: The Year Our World Began, William K Klingaman.<> PS: What I Learned Doing The End 2016 Mathematics A To Z, furthering my little recaps. </p>