I'd spent the weekend at AnthrOhio while stuff about Motor City Fur[ry] Con went along here, so that's part of why my humor blog had a low-key week. If it's not on your friends feed or on your RSS feed then this is what you've missed:
- Really On The New Computer, last week's big piece, about my experiences on the new MacBook Pro.
- Advertising-Wrapping Newspaper Continues Demands since apparently it liked me paying some attention to it.
- Statistics Saturday: Toto’s ‘Africa’ By Parts because that's been on my mind.
- What’s Going On In Gasoline Alley? February – May 2017 reports about three stories.
- Is This Funky Winkerbean Supposed To Make Sense? as I try to figure out why Tom Batiuk wanted us to laugh at that punch line.
- Betty Boop: Bimbo’s Express since I felt like talking about a cartoon.
- Betty Boop: Minding The Baby, and the livability of cartoon worlds in which I am surprised to have so many thoughts about a pretty average cartoon.
- Hack Work for May 2017, this week's big piece, my scraps file report interrupted.
And now ... something I thought might never happen. This is the last of my Pinburgh picture selection. I hope you enjoy this little farewell tour and stick around for the next stuff.
My final game: Spanish pinball company Recel's 1978 Poker Plus, which finally gives us a card-themed game featuring a woman cosplaying as a wasp-themed superhero.
After the end of everything: one of the rows of games --- the front three part of a bank I had done pretty well in tournament play --- powered down for the end of the event.
Outside the convention hall was this setup, ReplayFX's 1980s Living Room. Besides the wood-grained sets and Nintendo system there's all sorts of classic old-time fun, including vintage issues of TV Guide and ohter magazines. Notice on top of the TV is a storage box for audio cassettes, too. No idea what if anything was in there.
Convention put to bed. All emptied except for staff, who're getting ready to move the very many games back where they ought to be. Except those two people in the bottom right playing games. Did you spot the FunHouse in the scene before bunny_hugger did?
Post-convention photo of the game floor. The bank of pinball games on the right, between the dividers, were the games for the Intergalactic Pinball Championship, which we tried to finish on Saturday night and for which we didn't place. Did you spot the FunHouse in the scene before bunny_hugger did?
Striking the main stage. This was where the A Division had its finals --- you can see there's still some confetti on the left side of the stage --- and where I had put in a quick game afterwards when the place was free.
Trivia: The term ``cash flow'', one of the key measures of a commercial project's prospects, was coined only in 1954. Source: An Empire of Wealth: The Epic History of American Economic Power, John Steele Gordon.
Currently Reading: The History of the Calculus and its Conceptual Development, Carl B Boyer.