The best part of being back in the U.S.? Watching all the shows that are far beneath me. Most of these can be seen in Singapore, but DirectTV makes them a lot easier. Observed:
- Aladdin episode description: ``Evil spirit destroys Agrabah.'' Thanks for narrowing it down!
- The police forces of the world are startlingly eager to join the Legion of Doom's oppression every time the Doomers take over the world.
- In Superman: The Movie Supes goes back in time to save Lois, but he doesn't do it the most efficient way, stopping the second bomb from exploding. His past-self prop up the San Andreas Fault, but he lets the quake and aftermath go on while finding Lois and Jimmy. I remembered it wrong. Kind of a jerk to do it that way.
- Dang, but John Wayne could act.
- A World's Greatest Superfriends gives the best reason ever for a space station: it could be the only surviving bastion of modern technology with which superheroes build a second time machine to go back and destroy the Stupid Ray Generator a mad scientst sent back in time so he could retard human evolution and rule over a stone-age modern-day world. The Stupid Ray Generator one million years in the past is flanked by two angry ``brontosaurus rex'' dinosaurs, which would require advanced study to make more wrong.
- I don't recognize any in-production TV shows anymore except Letterman and Conan O'Brien.
Trivia: The Teutonic Order sold its capital, Marienburg, to Poland in 1457. Source: A History of Poland, Oscar Halecki.
Currently Reading: Living Dolls: A Magical History of the Quest for Mechanical Life, Gaby Wood. Are the films of Georges Méliès on DVD? They read like fever dreams or the coolest muck sessions ever.