Good afternoon and I'd like to thank everyone for attending this State of the University address. I'm sorry it's going to be a little ragged but I kind of have to patch up the parts where the Public Relations department told me I couldn't use words like that in public. I think they're being a little ... well, I mean, we all use words like that sometimes, right? Well. Anyway.
The remainder is over on my humor blog. Also posted there since last week's brief about ``Did We Need Spaceships All this Fast, Really? were:
- The Platonic Stooge, about a connection you probably didn't know between Larry, Curly, and Plato;
- Also, Just Hush, Benjamin Franklin, because something he wrote had been on my mind;
- Warmed Over, the inevitable follow-up;
- Police Blotter: Traffic Incident, a thing that totally happened;
- On This Date: Sarcasm Correctly Detected, an historical recollection;
- Forms of New Jersey Local Government (5), continuing to explain the system.
Please do enjoy and let folks know if you do.
Trivia: In 1946 the Lithuanian camp for (Jewish) Displaced Pesons in Flensberg, Germany, opened a maritime academy. The Estonians established an agricultural college near L¨beck. Source: The Long Road Home: The Aftermath Of The Second World War, Ben Shephard.
Currently Reading: The Origins Of Interventionism: The United States And The Ruso-Finnish War, Robert Sobel.