There are a number of things that any of us should be grateful for. I estimate the number of things to be at least fourteen. But I think the biggest thing any of us can be grateful for is that I'm not singing for you right now. Very likely I'll never sing for you. You probably won't believe just how very good this is for you. Fundamentally, I've got a deep incompetence about music.
- Disappointed In Big Banana News, as there was some banana news I wasn't getting into.
- News From Beyond The Weird, as I saw something was in the ``Oddly Enough'' column for, it seems, peculiar reasons.
- Things My Prepaid Cell Phone Tells Me, and how often it tells that.
- Franklin P Adams: Office Mottoes, which I thought was a bit of funny verse but that statistics suggest nobody liked.
- Statistics Saturday: The Most Common Days Of The Week, a piece really quintessentially me since it's a little giggle that I id altogether too much research for and which just amused me.
- Betty Boop: A Hunting We Will Go, a pretty successful Fleischer Brothers cartoon.
Trivia: In June 1937 Eugene Castle introduced Castle Films' News Parade, newsreels for the amateur, home-movie market. its first issue featured the Hindenburg disaster; the second, the coronation of George VI; the third, the life of the Duke of Windsor. Source: The American Newsreel, 1911 - 1967, Raymond Fielding.
Currently Reading: The Airships Akron and Macon, Richard K Smith.